The first resource to be released through this blog is a guide to Partnering for Multiplied Impact. There are a variety of topics that could have been tackled instead (and are coming up), including empowering a change leadership team, grassroots problem solving, creating a strategic 5-year vision, and much more. This initial guide focuses on non-profit and business partnerships for a reason:
For most mission-driven organizations, a strong business partner has the potential to multiply impact faster than nearly anything else.
Just a few of the potential benefits business partnerships can bring to your mission:
- Access to expensive expertise targeted to your gaps, such as advertising, architecture, or digital marketing
- Political leverage through the biggest voice in the community
- Loyal advocates and arms-length lobbying resources
- Vetted and dedicated board and committee members
- A volunteer workforce
- Increased exposure and publicity
- A positive reputation as being an efficient and high impact organization
- Accountability to long-term goals and results-oriented outcomes
- Improved effectiveness and organizational capacity
- Creative ideas and opportunities
- Increased donations and grants
It's time to get a competitive edge on your cause. If you haven't considered strategic partnerships or wrote them off as too much work with too little returns, take a peek at the new Partnering for Multiplied Impact guide and see if you can't stir up some inspiration and ideas for win-win opportunities waiting in your community.